qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Keyboard/monitor problems when running not under X

From: Marcus Blomenkamp
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Keyboard/monitor problems when running not under X
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 14:08:29 +0100

Hi all,

i'm having serious problems getting my qemu instance running properly on linux
framebuffer console. Somehow keystrokes are not delivered or translated
properly leading to the following effects:
        1. weird key mapping in guest (backspace -> 5)
        2. unable to change to monitor console by pressing ctrl-alt-2
        3. unable to use stdio console when invoked "-monitor stdio"

Problem 1 can be "solved" by explicitly forcing "-k de" in my case, however
the other problems remain. Funny thing is when launching the monitor for
stdio, characters are only delivered or echoed on/after switching to the
guest and back, eg:
        press help <enter>, nothing happens
        press ctrl-alt-1
        press ctrl-alt-2, help text is displayed.

My system is running linux 2.6.14-rc5, sdl 1.2.9, fb console address@hidden

Best regards, Marcus