qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Internet access from qemu

From: Dave Feustel
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Internet access from qemu
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:47:30 -0500

I've got qemu 6.1 running on OpenBSD 3.7.
I'm  running the OpenBSD 3.7 image file which
I got from free.oszoo.net.
I want to be able to access the internet from qemu.

I am now able to access the apache website on the  host
I have set up pf+nat for the private address of 10.0.0.2
used by qemu, but I cannot make contact  with the internet.

Here is my pf ruleset, adapted from the example on page 141
of Artymiak's _Building Firewalls..._, 2nd ed.
 How do I fix it to enable ip traffic between qemu and the internet?

Thanks,
Dave Feustel

---my pf ruleset-----

scrub fragment reassemble
scrub reassemble tcp
NoRouteIPs = "{ 127.0.0.0/8, 192.168.0.0/16, 172.16.0.0/12 }"

ExtIF = "xl0"
ext_ad = "(xl0)"
prv_ad = "10.0.0.0/24"
nat_proto = "{tcp, udp, icmp}"

nat on $ExtIF inet proto $nat_proto \
        from $prv_ad to any -> $ext_ad

block in  quick on $ExtIF from $NoRouteIPs to any
block out quick on $ExtIF from any to $NoRouteIPs

--
Tired of having to defend against Malware?
You know: trojans, viruses, SPYWARE, ADWARE,