qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: NetBSD/i386 2.0.2 does not install with KQEMU

From: Kurt B Cox
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: NetBSD/i386 2.0.2 does not install with KQEMU
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:14:09 -0700

Mike Swanson wrote:
Yeah, I've got NetBSD installed now, and the hard disk image isn't
bootable either unless KQEMU is deactivated.

On 10/19/05, Mike Swanson <address@hidden> wrote:

NetBSD 2.0.2 does not install with KQEMU loaded. I have not tested
earlier or later (dev) builds.

I simply invoke QEMU with this command:
qemu -hda nbsd -cdrom i386cd.iso -boot d

And NetBSD stops doing anything at the message "warning: no
/dev/console". However, the problem does not ocurr when I start
installation with -no-kqemu.

I'm still installing NetBSD, so I can't say yet weather the hard disk
image will work with KQEMU, but I'm reporting this so far.

--
Mike
netbsd 2.1 and openbsd 3.8 both seem to hang as their respective inits are being started during bootup. If -no-kqemu switch is used then they boot up fine. freebsd 6.0 doesnt seem to have this problem.

But for both net and openbsd, it seems to be at that point where bootup is switching from kernel mode to user mode.