qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Qemu-devel Digest, Vol 32, Issue 41

From: Gwenole Beauchesne
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Qemu-devel Digest, Vol 32, Issue 41
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:15:04 +0100

Hi,

On 21/11/05, Richard Neill <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear All,

I thought you might like to know the following:

 Neither Qemu 0.7.2 nor 0.7.1 will compile under gcc 4.0.1, which is
the default under Mandrake 2006. It works fine with the older 3.3.6 though.

i don't understand why it is default, because 3.4* does not works yet.
lots of works need to be done

I don't understand your comment regarding 3.4. Anyhow, I will keep GCC 3.3.X in Mandriva Linux contribs as long as ATI drivers are linked against libstdc++.so.5 + the life of our Corporate 3.X products. So, you could still build QEMU/x86 with gcc 3.3.6 (as mentioned), which is currently the case for Mandriva Linux x86-32 packages anyway.

Bye,
Gwenolé.