qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] SPARC unimplemented system call 188

From: Jose Renau
Subject: [Qemu-devel] SPARC unimplemented system call 188
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:38:06 -0800

 Booting a -smp 2, I get the following message:

VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Trying to move old root to /initrd ... okay
Mounted devfs on /dev
Freeing unused kernel memory: 128k freed
uname[10]: Unimplemented SPARC system call 188
Segmentation fault
init[9]: Unimplemented SPARC system call 188
umount: Cannot open /proc/mounts
umount: Cannot open /proc/mounts
umount: /proc: Invalid argument
umount[15]: Unimplemented SPARC system call 188
umount: /proc: Invalid argument
umount[16]: Unimplemented SPARC system call 188
ls[20]: Unimplemented SPARC system call 188
chroot: cannot execute /bin/busybox: No such file or directory
chroot[26]: Unimplemented SPARC system call 188
umount: Cannot open /proc/mounts
umount: /proc: Invalid argument
Segmentation fault

 Booting a -smp 4, I get this other one:

VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Mounted devfs on /dev
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Trying to move old root to /initrd ... okay
Mounted devfs on /dev
Freeing unused kernel memory: 128k freed
uname[10]: Unimplemented SPARC system call 188
Segmentation fault

 Suggestions? (Some structure overflow?)

 The results also change from execution to execution, so
it may be a problem with interrupts or timing. Sometimes (either -smp 4 and smp 2)
It gets stuck:

--
Real programmers confuse Christmas and Halloween because DEC 25 = OCT 31.
 - Popular saying