qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] cdrom problem on windows 2003 host

From: Mark Malakanov
Subject: [Qemu-devel] cdrom problem on windows 2003 host
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 02:04:19 -0500

Hi QEMU developers.
Thank you for the great product!

I've found that it is impossible to pass cdrom device (neither \\.\cdrom0 nor \\.\d: ) to QEMU when it runs on Windows 2003 AS. It always returns "could not open hard disk image " . I tried double backslashes, forwardslashes, drive letter, cdrom0, apostrophies, quotes...
may be some problems with identifying blocksize in DeviceIoControl...
I' found that DeviceIoControl works slightly differently in W2K3 and W2K.
Please check. Meantime I will download sources and try to check too.

Cheers,
Mark