qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OpenStep / Busmouse - correct patch

From: engel
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OpenStep / Busmouse - correct patch
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 18:47:20 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

>> Hmm, there seems to be a problem with your patch, though I haven't quite
>> figured out what exactly the cause is. When using the -busmouse option,
>> the busmouse_init function is called and seems to register the callbacks
>> for the provided I/O address ranges successfully (return value is 0 from
>> register_ioport_{read,write}) - but the actual callback routines are
>> never being executed, which results in OpenStep not recognizing the
>> busmouse.
>
> I'll investigate.

Got it! Your patch calls busmouse_init() before calling init_ioports() in
vl.c.
I moved the sequence some lines down (below cpu_calibrate_ticks), and
now the mouse works as expected.

malc's remark, however, is correct - the SB16 emulation also uses IRQ 5.
I have to check if OpenStep is able to use a different IRQ for either the
Soundblaster or the busmouse driver...

Btw., networking now works fine using an open source NE2k PCI driver
for OpenStep. I'll post a unified patch later this evening and set up a web
page describing how to install OpenStep in qemu.

Michael