qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] win98 user mode network not working ...

From: Jan Marten Simons
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] win98 user mode network not working ...
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:09:23 +0100

Adrian Coman wrote:

The problem is that when I ping yahoo.com for example I get the IP of yahoo but no response from ping ..., something like:
ping yahoo.com
Pinging yahoo.com [216.109.112.135] with 32 bytes of data:
request time out

IIrc ping (as icmp message) does not work with user-net. Try to telnet the webserver at port 80 to check for connectivity. DNS is working as the adress got resolved into its IP. Apart from the issue with ping all tcp/ip-based services (like browsing the net) should work from the guest like being behind a NAT-firewall, which allows outbound connections.