qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Mac as Host

From: U n d e r a c h i e v e r
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Mac as Host
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 16:36:22 +0000

> Mac OS X x86 10.4.4 (retail and public x86 version) CANNOT RUN inside
> qemu because qemu emulates a PC (BIOS architecture) and Mac OS X
> expects an EFI (sure there will be some more problems) architecture.

I guess if anyone know's enough about EFI then qemu could emulate it. That
would be a step in the direction of having Mac OS 10.4 X86 running, but
would not, most likely, be the whole enchilada. Irrespective of whether or
not Mac OS 10.4 X86 will run, I'm sure there will be a good few linux distro
producers who would appreciate a software emulation of the EFI platform.

--
address@hidden
U n d e r a c h i e v e r