qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu crash with exit code 135

From: Michael McConnell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu crash with exit code 135
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 07:48:01 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Christian Bourque wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Every time I try to access a particular functionality in one of my
> application QEMU crashes with the exit code 135, is there a way to
> interpret this number?

Usually, exit codes just over 128 are the result of a signal killing it, with
the exit code being 128+signal. In this case, the signal was 7, SIGBUS.

You can test this theory... in one xterm, enter "sleep 60", and in another,
look up the process and kill it with signal 7. You may see an error message
from the sleep window, and the exit code will be 135.

-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell
   Eridani Star System

   MailStripper - http://mailstripper.eridani.co.uk/ - SMTP spam filter
   Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/ - Mobile email