qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Debugging low level ARM with GDB

From: Schwarz, Konrad
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Debugging low level ARM with GDB
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:35:34 +0100

Hi,

One of the changes I would like to contribute (assuming my company gives the ok) is a somewhat improved reader for ELF executables, and returns the entry point.  Although somewhat useless for the bootstrap program (which must start at the processor's reset address), this is useful to emulate the actions of a ELF loader, such as included in a boot loader.  However, the current design of QEMU hardcodes the image reading strategy within the "machine" abstraction (a "machine" is what a "board-support package" typically targets), so if you would like to use this different loader in a given machine, you will have to modify the "machine" implementation.

The release process could take up to three weeks, but you might wish to wait that long.

The serial port abstraction, and in particular their base addresses, also materialize in the "machine" implementation.

Regards,

Konrad Schwarz