qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] VM Memory limit with kernel-kqemu?

From: Andrew Barr
Subject: [Qemu-devel] VM Memory limit with kernel-kqemu?
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:48:11 -0500

I'm running a Windows 2000 SP4 guest on a Linux 2.6.16 host with Qemu CVS and
kqemu 1.3.0pre3. I am trying to use -kernel-kqemu. I have been allocating 256
MB of RAM to my guest (out of 768 MB total) and I have found that using that
amount of memory with -kernel-kqemu causes Windows 2000 to freeze at the
graphical boot up screen (after 'Starting Windows...') and qemu to take up
95-100% CPU. Reducing the amount of guest RAM to 160 MB makes that problem go
away. I also tried 192 MB and that did not work. Is there a limit to the
amount of memory that may be used with the -kernel-kqemu option?

--
Andrew Barr                     | 1024D/AD9AE76A
address@hidden  | http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/~andrew

And now for something completely different.