qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] -kernel-kqemu with linux guest and vnc

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] -kernel-kqemu with linux guest and vnc
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:47:17 +0400

--Resend-- Not sure why but this did not make the list the 1st time around

G'day all,

The -kernel-kqemu with linux guest bug is still at large, however it appears if
you compile your
kernel with gcc-3.2.2 it will work. (yay!). Further investigation continues.
I've posted a monolithic 2.6.16 kernel compiled with gcc-3.2.2 at

http://fnarfbargle.dyndns.org:81/qemu/

Someone may get some use out of it.. just use it with the -kernel command line
and don't forget to
-append "root=/blah"

In addition, I grabbed a vnc patch from late last year and bent it a little to
get it to fit the
latest cvs. While I was there I horridly kludged it so that it compiles with
--disable-sdl to save
it linking with the sdl and X libs (which I don't want to install on my servers
if I can avoid it).
It's all been lightly tested in various combinations of vnc and sdl and appears
to do the job. Usual
caveats about mouse sync in vnc apply (not that I use it in graphics mode
anyway, but I did test it
with knoppix).
You'll find the patch at the above location also, but be warned.. it works, but
it's really ugly.

Brad