qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Gentlemen we have absolute movement! was:Absolute USB-H

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Gentlemen we have absolute movement! was:Absolute USB-HID device musings (was Re: VNC Terminal Server)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 01:10:32 +0400

Anthony Liguori wrote:
Hi Brad,

I have your patch applied and the previous one and it doesn't seem to work under win2k. Can you post a patch of what you have?

I've got what I have attached. I did a little bit of SDL plumbing based on my touchscreen patch.

Ok.. now I've embarrassed myself by publicly releasing my spaghetti, I've had a look at what you are up to.. The VNC patch extends the existing mouse handler by passing it abs coordinates as well, (this is the basis of what I used) so there are no additional routines.. I figure if you pass both relative (faked if need be) and abs to the routine then the mouse can use whatever it likes.

It looks like you are adding a completely separate handler there ?

I had to stop the ps2 mouse handler registering itself to let the usb one have a go. But now its working. I've left both cursors live so you can see how well it mates up. There is a minor elastic discrepancy toward the bottom right of the screen, but I'm *sure* its just due to my off the top of my head hacky position calculations and it can be refined further..

I figure a command line switch for usbmouse/usbabs/ps2 might be in order so you can change depending on your os. Hopefully the evdev patch in X gets up and running and we can just default to abs mode.

I'll get hold of a wheel mouse tomorrow (my trackpad does not have a Z) and see if I can get the Z axis going..

Tested under win2k-SP4. How cool is it to be grabless and change resolutions on
the fly..
I'll clean it up tomorrow and graft it into the vnc patch also.. virtual
servers here we come!

Brad