qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Emulation differences, qemu-system-x86_64 vs Athlon64

From: Julian Seward
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Emulation differences, qemu-system-x86_64 vs Athlon64
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 00:15:27 +0100

> I guess the problem comes from the usage of lrintl() on x86_64 in
> fpu/softfloat-native.c, but I cannot test it yet.

It might be that you have to pass in an extra value into those
float -> int conversion routines, which describes what to do if the
conversion is going to overflow.  That's because the behaviour is
different depending on the guest architecture.  x86/amd64 always
give 0x8000...., whereas ppc gives either 0x8000... or 0x7FFF....
depending on the sign of the argument (IIRC).