qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Large USB patch

From: nix . wie . weg
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Large USB patch
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 23:54:06 +0200

Hello,

Lonnie Mendez wrote:

>   That works but not in the literal means of the attached device
> actually functioning (see below).  Here is something interesting:
>
> (qemu) usb_add mouse
>     Controller 001: uhci
>          001:001 = mouse
> (qemu)
I have changed that, the usb_dummy_ funtions did return 0, but must
return -1
>  The device attached on the hub doesn't seem to be receiving
> transactions (like before with the emulated devices):
>
> frame 1227: pid=SETUP addr=0x00 ep=0 len=8
>     data_out= 80 06 00 01 00 00 40 00
> uhci readw port=0x0002 val=0x0001
> uhci writew port=0x0002 val=0x0001
> uhci readw port=0x0006 val=0x04cc
> frame 1228: pid=SETUP addr=0x00 ep=0 len=8
>     data_out= 80 06 00 01 00 00 40 00
> frame 1229: pid=SETUP addr=0x00 ep=0 len=8
>     data_out= 80 06 00 01 00 00 40 00
> uhci readw port=0x0002 val=0x0002
> uhci writew port=0x0002 val=0x0002
>
>   There are some problems with the port status request traffic from
> the hub as well:
>
> frame 1174: pid=SETUP addr=0x03 ep=0 len=8
>     data_out= 23 03 04 00 01 00 00 00
> error usb_generic_handle_packet: unknown USB-Token - 258
>     ret=0
Yes this is clear, the usbhub does not work at all. If I find the time I
will look at it, this week.

>   The interface is also giving incorrect errors at certain times:
>
> (qemu) usb_add usbhub
> usb_add: extraneous characters at the end of line
> (qemu)
Yes I also noticed this. It's very strange. If you add the same line
again, it will work in most cases. I don't know why it happens. It is a
bug which is located in monitor.c.

>   Attached is a patch to get the linux redirector working with the
> changes.  It has a few other modifications as well but nothing
> radical.  The default redirector for linux host was changed to the
> linux redirector as well (just a heads up).  I'm still using the
> libusb redirector for testing here but it's good to restore the linux
> redirector as default on linux host.
Thanks works very well.

I have found today an error in the state machine and fixed it. You will
find the fix in the patch:
http://217.20.126.200/tino/usb-2006-04-23.patch
which includes all of our patches until today.

With kind regards,
Tino H. Seifert