qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/hw usb-uhci.c

From: Lonnie Mendez
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/hw usb-uhci.c
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:37:12 -0500

address@hidden wrote:

Hello Fabrice,

This patch introduces an already fixed bug with linux guest os. The
message is: "controller still running". The attached patch fixes this
problem.
To expand on this, I saw windows checking the status register several times to look for hchalt once R/S bit was written 0. However, Linux guest hcd only checks the status register once before giving up. So the much simpler patch here works in both cases. However, it also means we can't properly indicate when the frame has really stopped and the host controller halted. This isn't something that shows up with the code in CVS because the hub is always attached and thus the linux hcd doesn't try to suspend the bus (Windows XP will do this and there is a patch I'll try to submit later on this week - very busy).