qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vnc patch

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vnc patch
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 19:36:01 +0200

did I understand well ?

1) there's a rework of the original vnc patch
2) there are no problems of sync using the usb tablet

what is this usb tablet stuff? do I really need a usb
tablet connected to the host or this is yet another
emulated hardware inside the qem guest ?

If this is the case, it means the client OS must
have the proper drivers, etc... I'm a bit lost.

Christian

On 4/29/06, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
Lonnie Mendez wrote:
> Lonnie Mendez wrote:
>
>>   There is another vnc patch by Anthony Liguori (same person involved
>> with the tablet along with others).  From what I've heard it will
>> reduce the bandwidth usage greatly.
>
>   Also, afaik this is still under development.  The source was posted
> on the irc channel a few days ago:
>
> http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/aliguori/vnc.diff

The mercurial tree is located at http://hg.codemonkey.ws/qemu-vnc  If
you go to Manifest -> Changeset you can download a static tarball if
you're unfamiliar with mercurial.

It's in a pretty good state now.  I don't think there's any significant
bugs and all the features I plan on implementing for the first rev are
there.  I'll have a patch ready for submission in a day or so.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori