qemu-devel

RE: [Qemu-devel] Qemu impressions

From: ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT
Subject: RE: [Qemu-devel] Qemu impressions
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 15:13:13 +0200

> Hi,
>   this is my first mail in Qemu mailing list. I think it's a fantastic
> program. I'm starting using it quite a lot at home (with Linux) and at
> work (with Windows XP). Everything works quite well (nothing is
> perfect).

Well, I know, reply to my mail is quite crazy but here it is...

> - windows printf do not handle "%lld" format strings and similar (llx,
> llo, llu) casing some problems (try "qemu-img info imagefile"
> command),
> correct format for long long type is "I64" (so "%lld" should be
> converted to "%I64d" under windows or replace any printf calls using a
> standard printf)

img_printf.diff handle this using I64 instead of ll in qemu-img.c

real_allocation_size.diff handle situation where image file is sparse or
compressed returning real allocation size instead of file size. It work
only from Windows NT (where compressed and/or sparse file are handled)
GetCompressedFileSize API.

freddy77