qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu-i386 segfaults when running wine on a x86 CPU?

From: James Supancic
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu-i386 segfaults when running wine on a x86 CPU?
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 18:00:56 -0700

When I run
qemu-i386 /usr/bin/wine
I get
qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - exiting

I am using the wine version I compiled and installed for my x86 host, not the one from the qemu website. Do I have to compile my wine version with some special options to use it with qemu-i386 or set some special configuration settings?

I know I don't need qemu-i386 to run wine compiled for x86 CPUs on an x86 CPU. I am trying to figure out how to make a version of wine that will work with qemu-i386, after I figure this out I intend to move the wine installation over to a sparc CPU.

Thank you for your time,
James Supancic