qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Switch to OpenBIOS for Sparc32/64?

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Switch to OpenBIOS for Sparc32/64?
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 17:40:22 +0200

> So I'll send you a patch that changes the name 'proll.elf' to
> 'openbios-builtin.elf' (or maybe it's better to use something like
> 'openbios-sparc32', simplifies the code) and a sample OpenBIOS file and
> that's it?

Yes. Plus documentation bits.

Bonus points if you include a README describing where the bios comes from and basic description of how to reproduce it, even if this is just "download the
openbios sources and they should just work".

OK, here it goes. I didn't describe the reproduction steps (./config/scripts/switch-arch cross-sparc32, make, cp obj-sparc32/openbios-builtin.elf.nostrip openbios-sparc32), as I'll propose on OpenBIOS side some changes to make this a bit easier.

I included other fixes currently needed for correct operation (clock year fix, FPU fix by Joerg Platte, MMU no-fault fix).

I'll send the binary off-list to avoid the mailing list imposed size restrictions. It's built from unmodified SVN revision 54.