qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem: Keyboard dead after "-loadvm"

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem: Keyboard dead after "-loadvm"
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:19:18 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Carsten Thorenz wrote:

> I've experienced problems after loading a vm.
>
> It works fine if the vm is loaded via loadvm
> inside the monitor, but if I load the same vm
> from the shell with "qemu blah blah -loadvm my_vm",
> the keyboard is not working correctly.
>
> Any hints?

Try pressing&releasing Shift, Alt and Ctrl after loading. (Most likely,
your saved vm has two of them recorded as pressed, since you switched to
the monitor with that combination plus a number.)

Hth,
Dscho

P.S.: There were a couple of (almost identical) patches to help that, but
they were probably never applied.