qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How to deliver a packet at a specified future time instant

From: S . P . T . Krishnan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to deliver a packet at a specified future time instant ?
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:41:34 +0800

Hi,

I have a unique situation where I want the virtual machine running on
top of Qemu to be given a network packet at a prespecified time
instant.

Elaborately, let us say the clock in WindowsXP VM running on top of
Qemu is now at 03:00:43 hours.  I have a packet which I want the VM to
read at exactly 03:00:50 hours.

I know this should be possible since the general idea of running a VM
is to be able to control every aspect of its state.

Any pointers into how and where things should be altered to accomplish this ?

thanks
Krishnan