[Qemu-devel] Running Qemu ARM using NFS on Windows

From: Tieu Ma Dau
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Running Qemu ARM using NFS on Windows
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 03:20:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
I ran successfully Qemu to simulate ARM system on Linux host with the following command:
./qemu-system-arm -kernel zImage.integratorCP -append "root=/dev/nfs nfsroot= rw ip= " -net nic,vlan=0 -net tap,vlan=0,ifname=tap0,script=./qemu-ifup
The content of qemu-ifup script is:
ifconfig tap0

But my project demands me to run this ARM system on Windows host. So I modify a bit the qemu-ifup script as:
ipconfig tap0 # "ipconfig" , not "ifconfig"
And the corresponding command on Windows is:
qemu-system-arm -kernel zImage.integrator -append "root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.
168.7.1:/c/cygwin/openpsionfiltered=" -net
nic,vlan=0 -net tap,vlan=0,ifname=tap0,script=./qemu-ifup

But the error I got is:
tap: Could not open 'tap0'
Could not initialize device 'tap

Do you have any ideas?