qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: playing with qemu's 8139 nic and FreeBSD (loopback mode

From: Igor Kovalenko
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: playing with qemu's 8139 nic and FreeBSD (loopback mode missing?)
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 04:28:40 -0000

Juergen Lock wrote:

>  Thanks, that seems to get the rl driver going.  Now to fix C+ mode
> (re driver) change the #if 0 in my patch to #if 1...

Well actually that requires a bit more: implementing on-board timer.

freebsd if_re.c driver loopback test sequence passes if packet is received
AND timeout occur; the latter cannot happen because of missing timer support.
Then, driver tries to set up on-board timer for various reasons and may not
work without timer.

--
Kind regards,
Igor V. Kovalenko