qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Using "invisible wall" patch to produce 0.8.2?

From: Remote Duck
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Using "invisible wall" patch to produce 0.8.2?
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 22:04:26 -0000

Following recent discussion of the "invisible wall" patch...would the developers consider quickly releasing a 0.8.2 version which contained only this change from 0.8.1?

I can't help but think that many potential new adopters of QEMU might be put off for ever by this problem -- as Julian Seward pointed out, QEMU is effectively unusable without the patch, but seems to work perfectly well once it is applied.

Call it a "customer-facing improvement" :-)

(I didn't realise just how often one needs to sweep the mouse to the edge or into a corner of the screen when using Windows, though it stands to reason when you think where the [Start] menu is, and where the principal window controls are when a program is maximised. It does give an entirely false but bad impression of the rest of QEMU that this important activity seems to be impossible.)