qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] writing a cosimulated network for QEMU

From: Alessandro Corradi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] writing a cosimulated network for QEMU
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 00:42:30 +0200

Hi all,
my project is to write a simulated network card. It will comunicate with a SystemC emulated device, a cirrus logic cs8900a. The logical scheme is circa as it:

QEMU <--> WRITTEN DEVICE <-- socket --> SystemC description of the cirrus.

The connection between the qemu device and the cirrus is via socket. I started to write the device taking the parallel description as example, but I guess that is more complex than parallel but more easy than the ne2000 description.

-I think I need to write the read and write functions as mydev_ioport_read/write and there must be the transmission with the systemC description and register them in the function "table" with register_ioport... in init function.

-I need to write a mydev_init function that is called at qemu init in vl.c. but i think that I must use my device as a pci device and i need to "configure" it right? can someone help me about this point?

-finally I must to iniziated it in vl.c and vl.h and modified the make script.

Thanks for the help!

Ale