qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Cosimulation

From: Alessandro Corradi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Cosimulation
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:41:59 +0200

Hi nicolas,

Thank you very much for your reply. In attachment you find the sc dscription of the cirrus logic, The problem is that it is implement with a different version of SystemC built by my university. In fact the card description isn't a problem for me.
This description concern the emulation of 8 register and the communication is via socket trought a message struct. The open connection is made at init function of the card (I think) and in read/write function (..._ioport_read/write) there are the message send/receive via socket as you write for your remote device.
The point is that I need to be recognize by qemu and more important recognize by debian device driver of the cirrus. I think this will be impossbile for me :) but I try!

There are some open point for me:

1) In read/write functions i need only to descrive the operation on the register, right? As in parallel.c, for each register there is the ioctl call in base of the register (status, data...) I think i only need to do the same;

2) The init function is a full open point... I wrote than there is the socket connection, but I don't know if I need to recognize it as a pci-card. Can somebody help me?

3) Interrupt implementation: I need only to implement ..._update_irq right? It seems no problem, but I want to be secure about it.