qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] AIO and savevm

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] AIO and savevm
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 20:34:38 +0100

> I don't think savevm works reliably together with current AIO. At least
> some kind of AIO flushing or completion waiting should happen and then this
> should be done before any devices have started saving their state. Is this
> correct?

Correct.

Implementing it this way does mean savevm can effect the guest VM state (it
causes all pending IO to complete immediately). However this should be safe,
ie. it could occur be chance anyway, and qemu isn't deterministic to start
with.

Trying to make async AIO restartable is IMHO not worth the effort at this
point.

Paul