qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Interesting QEMU + OpenVPN

From: Samuel Tardieu
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Interesting QEMU + OpenVPN
Date: 10 Sep 2006 14:36:25 +0200

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Brook <address@hidden> writes:

Paul> You can already bridge the host and gues using the existing
Paul> networking options (and/or VDE - http://vde.sf.net), without the
Paul> encryption overhead and without needing any special setup on the
Paul> guest.

This is precisely what I do. When my host system starts up, it creates
a bridge called "localnet" with only one card in it (my physical
ethernet card). My /etc/qemu-ifup reads:

#! /bin/sh
sudo ifconfig $1 up
sudo brctl addif localnet $1

I run qemu with "-net nic -net tap" and that's it, the qemu instance
has access to my local network, DHCP server, IPv6 routers, etc.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- address@hidden -- http://www.rfc1149.net/