qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM CPU Speed simulated by Qemu?

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM CPU Speed simulated by Qemu?
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:58:36 +0200

Hi,

Laurent DESNOGUES wrote:
The most complex thing to accurately simulate a modern
CPU (including ARMs) is the data cache and by far.

Hm... you have to elaborate on that one. Aren't those caches like other caches, too? With well known algorithms like LRU?

In
comparison, getting accurate core pipeline simulation
is *very* easy.

Simulating branch prediction seems more complex to me (probably because I'm thinking x86, not ARM).

What to others think about the network and hard disk simulation I've
mention in my previous post?

Regards

Markus