qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Vista STOP A5

From: marco.sanvido
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Vista STOP A5
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:46:13 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:08:51 -0400
From: Andrew Barr <address@hidden>
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Vista STOP A5
To: address@hidden

>I am trying to install Windows Vista RC1 in QEMU (CVS snapshot from
>23/08/06) on a Linux host and I am getting the STOP error A5. Someone
>reported this to the list several months ago and apparently it is ACPI
>related, and someone suggested an upgrade to QEMU 0.8.2. Well, this
>problem is still occurring for me on a post-0.8.2 CVS snapshot. Command
>line:

This started to happen with some beta 2 builds, I tried to look into the issue
but never was able to identify the problem. The 0.8.2 fix doesn't work, 0.8.2
works only for earlier builds, not builds after 5472.

If I'm correct quemu implementa ACPI 1.0, while vista requires ACPI 2,
and it seems that MS started to enforce the requirement  only after at least
build 5472
up to the current RC1.

If somebody can help with this I'd really be greatfull.... and if I can help
I'm very glad
to do so, but I'm not a real ACPI guru...

Marco