qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Fastest TCP/IP Stack

From: Joseph Miller
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Fastest TCP/IP Stack
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:50:19 -0400

I'm running a terminal server under qemu with kqemu compiled into my kernel
under the -kernel-kqemu for fastest performance.  What is the most efficient
method of -net ?  I was using -net user with OpenVPN to connect to my
internal LAN, but I have switched to -net tap to see if that is faster.  Does
anyone have any knowledge of which would take the least overhead?  I noticed
on my top stats that my % sys was particularly high when using networking
under -net user.  Thanks

-Joseph