qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] International Virtualization Conference

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] International Virtualization Conference
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 00:05:02 -0400

On Sunday 08 October 2006 10:36 am, Jim C. Brown wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 05:30:19AM -0700, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> > http://www.linuxworldexpo.de/linux_messe.php?ID=124&STEP=&lang=en
> >
> > I don't see Qemu mentioned at all. I wonder if any of the developers have
been contacted at all. I thing it is a pity that once againg Qemu is ignored.

> > Ottavio
> >

> qemu is primarily a dynamic translator not a virtualizer.

That's an implementation detail.  The end result is running programs in a
virtual environment, and qemu's system emulation has lots of virtual hardware
it attaches to virtual busses, which it performs virtual I/O to, even
simulating the delivery of virtual interrupts to signal completion of virtual
DMA.

Rob