qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac OS X Guest Support

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac OS X Guest Support
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 20:26:16 +0100

   From: Paul Brook <address@hidden>
   Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:47:59 +0000

Hi,

   > > According to the roadmap,
   > > http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/roadmap.html, Mac OS X will be
   > > supported as a guest OS.  May I ask, what is the status of this?
   >
   > It almost works. AFAIK noone is working on this.

it does not work for about a year or so at least.

Panther does boot into gray screen with Apple in the middle and will fail
with "Unaligned stack".

Tiger (my PPC Mini's install disk) does no boot at all, because of invalid
instruction
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2005-11/msg00453.html).
--
Pavel Janík

There are only 10 types of people in this world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
                  -- Someone somewhere