qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Thanks for QEMU!

From: John Stracke
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Thanks for QEMU!
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 09:44:08 -0500

Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

> Perhaps you could submit your printf's so other people can learn from
> them please?

Well, most of them I no longer have; they slowed things down, so I
deleted them once I had the problems fixed.  Besides, they were probably
too idiosyncratic to help other people much.

However, there is one change that I'd recommend adding into the QEMU
distribution: in target-i386/helper2.c, in cpu_x86_handle_mmu_fault(),
right before the line starting "pde_addr = ((env->cr[3] & ~0xfff)", I
added a sanity check:

if (env->cr[3] & 0xfff) {
  fprintf(logfile,"Warning: page directory is not page-aligned.\n");
}

This gives a warning if the OS is using an invalid address for the page
directory.  You might want to put it inside #ifdef DEBUG_MMU, or
something.

--
|John Stracke        | http://www.thibault.org |HTML OK      |