[Qemu-devel] Base images

From: David Roberts
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Base images
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:58:52 +1000

I've got a couple of questions about creating images linked to base images:
- `qemu-img commit` commits changes directly to the base image. Is there a way
to create a new merged image with the changes so as not to change the
- I noticed that images refer to their base image using an absolute path. Is
there a way to change an image's base image reference? (for example when the
base image is renamed / moved to a different directory)

David Roberts :)