qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SystemC Cosimulation

From: Alessandro Corradi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SystemC Cosimulation
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:05:25 +0100

Hello,

I already did this simulation/integration between qemu/systemC. I integrated a simple memory writen in SystemC and it communicate with QEMU via socket .
It works very fine, the os installed on qemu (debian 3.1) can communicate with it, but I didn't recognize it as a PCI device and I didn't implement irq mechanism. This because I'm not so strong in C programming (this is a work for my university and my degree's thesys). Moreover I didn't find usefull documentation, I wrote my code based only on parallel.c and serial.c code.
I don't know why it works without irq... I tried to do something but irq are not "launched".

If you are interested I written some emails in devel mail list with some information and question...

The systemC description is a stand alone process that receive and send messagges via socket. I added a module in QEMU in order to estabilish a connection at initializzation time and send/receive data when a write/read is done.
As I told, the main point that I don't understand are:
-irq managing,
-create a device and manage it as a pci device.

Thanks,

Alessandro