qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Compiling qemu as position-independent code on an x86_6

From: G Portokalidis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Compiling qemu as position-independent code on an x86_64 linux host
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:10:48 +0100

Hello Paul,
I also need to use qemu as a shared library, so i was wandering
whether you had any luck with this?

On 03/11/06, Paul Robinson <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use parts of qemu in an application that must be compiled as a
shared library (i.e. a .so file).
The code must be compiled with the -fPIC option otherwise the linker refuses
to create a .so file
but doing this causes dyngen to stop with the error:
../dyngen -o op.h op.o
dyngen: unsupported X86_64 relocation (9)

In dyngen-exec.h, if I change
extern int __op_param1, __op_param2, __op_param3;
static int __op_param1, __op_param2, __op_param3;
then dyngen stops with
dyngen: unsupported X86_64 relocation (4)

I suspect that I need to resort to assembly language (as has been done for
alpha hosts).

My question is:
Has anyone already done this ? (so I don't have to re-invent the wheel).

The nearest I've found so far is Johannes Schindelin's "Porting QEMU to [a]
new CPU" guide.

Regards,
Paul R.