qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem with high load average when using -nographic wi

From: Phil Rasch
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem with high load average when using -nographic with qemu in background
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 22:03:32 -0700

Now that I know that I didn't completely miss the point, and may even
have tried a reasonable thing, I have a question and a workaround.

1) Question: How do other people do this sort of thing? That is, start a
virtual machine when the hostmachine is booted automatically? Or dont
they worry about the load/performance issues?

2) Workaround: I now start qemu up inside a screen session at boot. This
seems to work fine, the load stays low, and performance is OK. I dont
need to depend upon X11 being up. I can connect from a regular console,
or from an xterm.

Thanks again

Phil