qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU and ddd

From: Vincent Palatin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU and ddd
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:29:58 +0100

On Wednesday 28 February 2007 03:11, Gregory Cavelier wrote:
> I'm trying to use ddd (connected to QEMU) to debug my own kernel and it
> works fine.
>
> The only problem I have is that I'm always interrupted by my IRQ handlers
> (and especially the timer, IRQ 0).
>
> Is there a way to avoid ddd to jump to my irq handlers functions so I can
> step into my code without being interrupted ?

If you are trying to single-step, you should disable interrupts/timers when
single stepping in Qemu GDB stub.
Several patches already exist about this topic ...

Check at the following thread :
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2006-05/msg00374.html
or this one :
http://qemu-forum.ipi.fi/viewtopic.php?p=3281