qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] fedora core 6 breaks most of sendkey?

From: Jane Dogalt
Subject: [Qemu-devel] fedora core 6 breaks most of sendkey?
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 09:15:23 -0000

Can anyone confirm that fedora core 6 appears to break most of sendkey?
(or has anyone else seen symptoms similar to these?)

Of course, not cntl-alt-f* or 'spc' or '0x39'(space equiv), as normal
users would have noticed that.

But just about anything else '7' '8' 'equal' seems broken.  The monitor
accepts the command fine, but nothing makes its way through to the
guest.

Also notably, spaces work in a fc6-livecd (official zod livecd) guest
when in grub command line edit mode, but when in a text virtual
terminal, they come out as '^]^@' or something similar.

I tried compiling 0.8.1 on fc6, which I had used extensively on fc5,
and it was also broken, so that suggests to me that some keystroke
handling layer below qemu changed and is causing this.

I will move this question to the fedora lists, but figured I'd ask here
first.

This feature is the only reason I extensively use qemu at the moment,
so I would be very greatful for any help.

Thanks,

-dmc/jdog