qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC/experimental patch] qemu (x86_64 on x86_64 -no-kqe

From: Axel Zeuner
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC/experimental patch] qemu (x86_64 on x86_64 -no-kqemu) compiles with gcc4 and works
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 07:49:09 +0200

Hi Anthony,

On Monday 26 March 2007 01:46, you wrote:
> Axel Zeuner wrote:
> >>

> > Furthermore I think one should move helper_pshufw() from
> > target-i386/helper2.c into target-i386/helper.c where all the other
> > helper methods reside.
>
> I moved to helper2.c because AFAICT helper.c is compiled with the same
> sort of restrictions as op.c which leads to the compile failure.
Yes, helper.c is compiled with the global register variables and the code is
called directly from the op_xxx functions, but one needs the global register
variables to access global data, these contain the required environment for
the emulation. AFAIK helper2.c is used by the CODE_COPY branch on i386 with
even stronger restrictions, but I may be wrong here.

Kind Regards
Axel Zeuner