qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] <monitor.c>: mem_info and tlb_info

From: Shane Hummer-Smith
Subject: [Qemu-devel] <monitor.c>: mem_info and tlb_info
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 14:28:45 -0700

Hello there,

In the process of trying to understand the MMU and Paging in QEMU, I stumbled upon the the following functions in monitor.c

- mem_info() and tlb_info()

Can somebody please tell me what's happenning within these functions -

I can see, though I'm not sure, that the physical memory is read for every page directory (pgd?) and there is a condition check involving pde (page directory entry?), some masks, and CR4, and stuff and more reads in an inner loop. Even if I got this right, I have no clue what else is happenning in there and _why?_. Can somebody please throw more light on what is happenning within mem_info() and tlb_info() in monitor.c?

Thanks!
--S