qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Guest cannot see more than 1 cpu with -smp

From: David Chow
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Guest cannot see more than 1 cpu with -smp
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 03:02:06 +0800

Dear all,

With latest qemu 0.9.0, the -smp 2 doesn't work. guest os never sees more than one CPU. I am running suse 10 on host and redhat el4 on guest . Tried several attempts and seems doesn't work.

I lookup some pcbios code, it seems bios attempt to read address 0xf000 for num cpus, but not find in hw/pc.c or vl.c that deal with this address . Is there are a problem on number of cpus not passing to the bios of vm correctly?

regards,
David Chow