qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] ANN: DetaolB version 0.2 is available at sourceforge.net

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: [Qemu-devel] ANN: DetaolB version 0.2 is available at sourceforge.net
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 00:51:13 +0200

Hi lists,

DetaolB is a small live x86 distro, entirely uclibc/busybox based,
to be run either on real hardware or inside qemu. With a modified
kernel, it can also run in colinux and will soon self-build this way.

it's (at least today) at the bleeding edge of uclibc and linux kernel.
there are also some goodies like ldd and tinycc ( a tcc fork that
can compile using uclibc ).

for your bookmarks: http://detaolb.sourceforge.net

there you can find links to the iso file releases. patches will be
available on sf.net soon too, but it's mostly an assembly work,
so do not expect fantastic new linux features.

I also created a separate mailing list for this distro, to avoid
noise on the mailing lists of qemu-devel and uclibc. Future
announces for DetaolB will not bother these 2 ML, and will
be done only at this list:

the reason for the name "DetaolB" is not difficult to figure out...
(read reverse!)

the reason for this project is to have the smallest and quickest iso
around (less than 1.4M), while still being useful and packed with
goodies. aufs and squashfs are already in: we're talking about
nice expandability here!

Fabrice: you can include it in your qemu homepage if you want to.

--
Christian