qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] mipsel support for graphic mode

From: Yuval Mintz
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] mipsel support for graphic mode
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 08:35:59 +0000

Yuval Mintz wrote:
Hello,
Can anyone tell me if there exist support for a graphical (e.g., when no ?nographic is used) when using qemu to emulate a mips little-endian machine (malta)? I'm trying using both windows XP and linux as host machines, but I couldn't even use the most basic X usages. If it is not currently supported, what in what state of development does it stand? What is lacking to allow usage of a graphic mode?

I guess your Malta kernel lacks framebuffer support.
http://people.debian.org/~ths/qemu/malta/ works for me.

Thiemo

Let me give some more information: my kernel was constructed to support framebuffers. I wrote a small program that opens the framebuffer, memcpy it and tries to write to it. I manage to pass the opening part, but I recieve the message that no device is found and so it is not a legal command. The use of the described above vmlinux doesn't change that error messge.

Thx,
Yuval