qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparc32 network problems

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparc32 network problems
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 12:30:45 +0200

Am 09.06.2007 um 10:05 schrieb Blue Swirl:

Maybe the bgr detection logic in sdl.c is flawed. Is this patch any better?

Except that on OSX the correct place to fix this would be in cocoa.m, right?

For qemu yes. Works fine on ppc (and if ds->bgr is manually set to 1, shows the blue-footed penguin on ppc). [If the ds->bgr initialization is omitted it hangs with a black screen and the spinning color wheel. That's strange since bgr == 0 would be okay and any other value should lead to a blue-footed penguin only.]

For Q's interface I derived a patch against host-cocoa/cocoaQemu.m. That works fine on OS X i386 and ppc hosts.

Is there some better way to detect BGR than using the host endianness
like in this version?

I have no idea...

But are you sure that we do not need 8-bit bgr? Q's patch inverted that, too. How would I test that?

Andreas