qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Is there a patch for kqemu 1.3.0pre11 and qemu 0.9 to a

From: n schembr
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Is there a patch for kqemu 1.3.0pre11 and qemu 0.9 to allow accelerated smp guests?
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:22:29 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message ----
From: andrzej zaborowski <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 4:19:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Is there a patch for kqemu 1.3.0pre11 and qemu 0.9 to
allow accelerated smp guests?

On 11/07/07, n schembr <address@hidden> wrote:
> "./taskset -c 1 qemu ...etc" worked great.  What will notsc do to the guest
> kernel?

Ok, then it is the rdtsc issue with kqemu. See
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2007-03/msg00652.html for
explanation and proposed fix.

Cheers,
Andrzej

It it better to boot the guest with notsc and have processor migration or set
qemu to one processor?
It seems cleaner to set notsc in grub and let it fly.

In my case, I'm booting a real hard drive inside qemu.  If the host system's
hard drive fails, the reboot will load the host off of the guests hard drive.
If I add notsc to grub will it still boot on the real hardware?  I'm 11 hours
from the host machine. :)