qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] IBM makes AIX 6 beta available for download for everyone

From: Martin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] IBM makes AIX 6 beta available for download for everyone
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 03:32:13 +0200

IBM opened up a little bit and makes the beta of AIX 6 available to anyone.
Maybe this is an opportunity to get AIX running on QEMU.

At the moment QEMU does not yet understand the AIX cd boot format.
I tried to boot it using the -kernel option b
I tried to boot it in the following ways, but that doesn't work yet (as
expected)
qemu-system-ppc -m prep -cdrom cd.AIX_6_OpenBeta.0723C1.V1.ISO -boot d

sudo mount -o loop cd.AIX_6_OpenBeta.0723C1.V1.ISO /mnt/loop
qemu-system-ppc -M prep  -kernel /mnt/loop/ppc/chrp/bootfile.exe

The -kernel option is meant for linux kernels but I hoped it would take an AIX
kernel too.

You can download the AIX 6 beta from:
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/aix/6/beta.html
(free registration required)